Monday, August 8, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 9

Good afternoon Gangnam!  Today rainy, many places are flooded, and the city is a mess.  Another foot of rain is expected soon.

Today's Activities

Yesterday was my day to heal my exhausted and sore body.  It was an easy day at first, but then it turned into a great adventure.  Today, however, must be a day of rest due to the flooding in my area.  I cannot safely venture far from home.

Here are my plans for today:

  • Eat at a nearby restaurant.
  • Write a LEGGO News article.
  • Buy a few needed supplies.

Today's Experiences

Today was relatively uneventful.  Because of the record-breaking storm, I have been staying near my apartment on top of the hill for safety.

Eat at A Twosome Place

I went back to A Twosome Place today to order the dessert.  I did not order this yesterday because it was too challenging to do so.  Instead, I ordered the simplest items to order so that I could learn the system.  Today, I pushed myself further and got what I actually wanted.

It was so pretty and delicious!

Write a LEGGO News Article

Yesterday afternoon, while I was eating supper, I received some great news about plans this Saturday!  EXID will be livestreaming an event nearby to celebrate their tenth anniversary.  I will be watching the broadcast with a group of friends here.  There is a good chance that I will meet EXID too!

Of course, as the admin of a fan news website, I had to share the details of the event with the rest of the fandom.  I'm sure everyone knows by now that the event is happening, but I try to find and translate any additional details that are not obvious.  I want to help fans everywhere to enjoy the content easily.

I wrote a news article about the event, my editor reviewed it, then we published it!

Chores and TV

I was planning to buy a few supplies: a bag to carry supplies for long adventures, laundry detergent, and a few groceries.  I could not find a store nearby that sold all of those items, so I did not do this.  I'll try again when it's safe to venture farther than a block away.

Instead of going shopping, I did some needed chores instead.  One is laundry.  In South Korea, dryers are rare.  Clothes are usually air dried.  You can see some of my clothes air drying in front of the TV here.

Oh, and I am watching TV!  I have never been one to enjoy watching TV, but I am watching the one here to help myself to learn the language better.

1 comment:

  1. Loving these blogs!! That’s interesting that they don’t use dryers.

    ReplyDelete