Sunday, August 21, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 22

Good morning Gangnam! Today will be mostly cloudy with rain likely in the evening.  The temperature will be cooler than yesterday, reaching a high of 31°C (87°F).

Today's Agenda

I have been looking forward to today because I get to spend time with one of my new friends.  For dinner, we are going to eat at a very special restaurant.  We are both excited.  Dinner isn't until later in the day, so I will find other activities for the meantime.

  • Work on LEGGO News fansite.
  • Enjoy a stroll around a park.
  • Eat dinner with 수진.

Today's Experiences

After working on the fansite this morning and publishing an article about Solji's new song, it was time to go out on the town and explore!

I looked up the park that I saw from Namsan Tower last night only to find out that I had explored that park already.  I looked up more parks that were interesting, but I have explored many of them in the many times that I have gotten pleasantly lost in the city.  After a few hours, I got sleepy and took a nap.

When I awoke from my nap, I still had a few hours until my dinner with 수진 (Soojin).  I decided to take a walk around the block.

Walking Around the Block

I exited my apartment and went left.  In my mind, I thought I would stop at a dessert place for a snack if I found a new one.  I would walk entirely around the block.

My plans did not pan out.  I got very much lost after I took a wrong turn onto a back alley.  I did not circle the block like I had planned.  I have no idea where I went.  It was fun.  :)





Eventually, the time got late.  I finally had to pull out a map and get home.

Cucciolo with 수진

I met 수진 my first week in South Korea when we went to volunteer at a daycare center in honor of Hyelin's birthday.  Her phone background was almost exactly like mine.  It was the same scene but from a different year.  We were instant friends, and it was awesome!

수진's favorite EXID member is 솔지 (Solji).  I just happened to want to eat at the restaurant that Solji's brother owns, and I thought that my new friend 수진 would also enjoy it.  So I asked her!

We met at the metro station close to the restaurant.  I am still kicking myself for not greeting her enthusiastically enough.  I was taken off guard by her sudden appearance, so the greeting was awkward.  Maybe it wasn't so bad, maybe it was just important to me to greet my friend well.

We left together to find the restaurant.  We had a little trouble finding it, but eventually we did find it.  Reservations are required, but they made an exception since they were not busy.




We ordered a pasta and a steak from the menu.  I normally drink wine with a steak, but we decided not to go overboard with the pricetag.  We had lemon water to drink.


I think that the food was really good, and I felt happy supporting the 허 family.

I paid the bill for dinner, and 수진 agreed to pay the bill for the dessert.  We went to Paris Baguette to have coffee and bread.  I was surprised by the garlic bread with sugar instead of salt, which was unexpectedly good.

Sadly, it was time to say goodbye after dessert.  I never like saying goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment