Sunday, August 14, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 15

Good morning Gangnam!  The weather this morning looks nice, and I have been enjoying the view, but thunderstorms are expected later today.  The temperature today will reach 31°C (87°F) a little after noon, but the rain will cool the city down after that.

Today's Agenda

Most of the items left on my list require a day trip or sunny weather.  Tomorrow will be a better day for an adventure.  Today will mostly be spent relaxing, contemplating, and doing chores.

  • Relax and contemplate everything.
  • Do various chores.
  • Find gimbap and eat it!

Today's Experiences

The majority of today was spent next to my giant window gazing out onto Gangnam and thinking.  I thought a lot about my life and my goals.  I have a vague idea of what my next steps in life will be.  There are still some uncertainties that I am working out, but I know that I will choose the right path in the end.

In the more near future, tomorrow, I will be climbing a mountain.  I think that I will be glad that I spent today resting and eating well.

Supper

I had decided to eat gimbap today, but I was too late to visit the restaurant.  I did not know that gimbap is considered a lunch meal.  I missed my chance to eat gimbap today, but I will have it before I leave the country.

Instead of gimbap, I decided to have pizza.  I found a pizza restaurant nearby that has somewhat American-looking dishes, and I walked to it and ordered a margherita and mozzarella pizza.

The food was really good.  Of course, like every food here, you don't eat it with your hands.  It was cut into bite-sized pieces already and came with cutlery.

No comments:

Post a Comment