Wednesday, August 10, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 11

Good morning Gangnam!  I'm in a rush this morning so can't check the weather, but it looks like it will be the same as yesterday: a comfortable temperature with rain in the morning and sunshine in the afternoon.

Today's Agenda

I am not sure what all I need to do today, but I do have a few things planned so far:

  • Meet with 희서 to study Korean.
  • Write the LEGGO News article that I missed writing yesterday.
  • Exchange more money so that I don't run out of cash.
  • Find a store that sells some soon-to-be-needed supplies -- attempt #3.

Today's Experiences

I accomplished all of my goals today with the exception of exchanging money.

Myeongdong has the best places to exchange money.  That is a significant trip from where I am, so I decided to wait until I am planning to be in the area anyways.  I have enough money left to last for several days, so there is no rush to exchange money.  I will do it when it is not inconvenient.

Study Korean

I met with 희서 again today to study Korean.  We reviewed the restaurant phrases that I learned yesterday, and I learned a few new social phrases today.

I plan to meet some important friends Saturday, and it's very important to me that I can say a few things in their language.  I will study, practice, and do my best.

LEGGO News

EXID inspired my trip and most of my activities, so it makes sense to me that I continue to work on their fansite despite being on a vacation.

Earlier, I wrote an article about TRI.BE's new album that was written and produced by EXID's ELLY.  My editor has not reviewed it yet, so it is not published yet, but it will be soon.

I glimpsed another neat update about Hyelin a few minutes ago.  I will research that and write an article about that either tonight or tomorrow morning.

This hobby makes me happy.  I am glad to work on it during my vacation.

Buying Supplies

I bought laundry detergent at a store in the metro station.  I didn't see the other items that I want, but I'm going to try to order them online.  I think that I can manage that.  I hear that it takes less than a day for deliveries to arrive, so that will be really great.  I will order my other items tomorrow morning.

Supper at Chez Maak

I decided to eat supper at a nearby restaurant that my Airbnb host suggested.  I was planning to enjoy a chicken soup and shrimp dumplings.

I arrived to the address that I was given, and I was sad to learn that the restaurant had been replaced by an arcade.  Instead of food and diners, it was kids and laughing.  I guess that it was a good change for them, but here I was arriving for food instead.

I noticed a tiny nook next door to the arcade with a sign above the door that read "Chez Maak".  They advertised upscale authentic Korean food.  Okay, here is something that I want to enjoy!


On the menu, I saw a listing of raw beef.  Hyelin suggested having raw beef in Gwangju because it's hard to find good raw beef in Seoul.  But here I was with a chance to try this meal in front of me.  I decided to get the raw beef with a side of fries.

I do not regret eating this at all!  It was delicious!

I was not able to finish the entire meal, and tonight was not the first time that I wasted so much food.  I usually cannot finish a meal in a restaurant here, because the meals are meant for more than one person.  Though I know it isn't meant as a taunt, I feel bad for eating alone.  The meal sizes are bothering me more and more every time that I eat out.


1 comment:

  1. Wow the beef looks just like the pic you sent us when you were showing us what you wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete