Sunday, August 28, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 29

Good morning Gangnam!  Today will be a comfortable 23°C (74°F) temperature, but there will be rain starting at around 3pm.

Today's Agenda

I have no goals for today.  Maybe I will go on an adventure, maybe I won't.  :)

At the very least, I think that I will have some pictures of food to share later tonight.

Today's Experiences

Today, I worked on LEGGO News for a few hours.  I may be on vacation, but the theme of my trip is EXID, and the fansite is about EXID, so... my priorities should be set.  However, I have been putting off working on LEGGO News for a few days, so I had a lot to catch up on.

I did, of course, have food today!

Spontini Pizza

Most of the food in Korea is Korean.  Even most of the "western" food doesn't really remind me of home.  It took me a very long time to find a restaurant that had a menu item that would satisfy my cravings for real American food.  That restaurant is Spontini.

Or you can go to the Michelin steakhouse in Sinsadong, which is also "western", but that is also insanely expensive.  Spontini is affordable and nearby where I am staying.


Okay, it is still influenced by Korean culture.  You eat the pizza with a fork and knife.  The taste, however, is definitely something to satisfy a craving for authentic American food!

Since I'm talking about finding American food in Korea, I think that it is on topic to note some differences.  American food is definitely unhealthy with lots of fat and oil, and that is probably why we are so fat on average.  Korean food is healthier -- of course! -- and centers around mixing many things together, mostly vegetables.  I have not seen many fruits in South Korea, which stands out as odd to me.

Coffee and Dessert

I don't remember the name of the restaurant that I went to tonight, but it would be very easy to find another one just like this one.  It is insane how many coffee and dessert restaurants exist here!  I love it so much!



I don't know what exactly I ate, but it was much lighter than I expected and very great!




No comments:

Post a Comment