Saturday, August 27, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 28

Good day Gangnam!  Yes, after sleeping late then finishing the blog post about yesterday, it is now past morning!

The sky is mostly clear, but the air is not too hot.  The weather will be mostly sunny all day, and the temperature high today is 29°C (84°F).

Today's Agenda

I don't have much on my goals list that is left undone.  My friend 다인 (Da-In) did suggest a couple of places again last night, so I may visit those if I have time.  I think mostly I want to spend today working on the LEGGO News fansite.

My goals for today are:

  • Work on LEGGO News.
  • Eat something delicious.
If I have time, I'll add something else to my agenda.  I don't like to overload my daily goals, because then it can be a disappointment if I fail to meet them all.

Today's Experiences

I have not worked on LEGGO News today yet or done any chores.  I did go out to eat lunch then dessert, and I make a run to the local 7-11.  However, for the most part, I didn't do anything except smile out my window!

Am I too happy after yesterday?  Maybe I should stop reminiscing and make new memories tomorrow, or maybe I should embrace my desire to enjoy the moment.

I do seriously need to work on LEGGO News though.  I got EXID's logo tattooed on my wrist, which is permanent, so I definitely want to maintain that fan-idol relationship.  Haha!  I'll support them later I guess.

Bibimbap

I finally had bibimbap today!  It has been on my list of meals to try for over two years.

I could have had bibimbap earlier on my trip, since it is a very common meal here, but I keep missing my opportunities.  It is a lunch food, and I keep skipping lunch because time slips by unnoticed when having fun.  The best bibimbap restaurants nearby have always been closed when I searched for it.

What is bibimbap?  It literally translates to "mixed rice" (I think), but the idea is to take leftover Korean foods from the past week then mix them together and eat them with rice.  Of course, a restaurant isn't going to serve leftovers, but the idea can be simulated.

The foods are separated as in the picture above, but they are mixed before being eaten.

I mixed everything together first, except for the liquid in the middle bowl because that doesn't go in the bibimbap.  What is the liquid in the middle bowl?  I don't remember, but it comes with it, but you don't mix it in like the other ingredients.

I think that bibimbap is normally eaten with a spoon, but I found that it is very easy to eat it with chopsticks, especially with the seaweed paper to hold the ingredients like a wrap.  I picked up the ingredients with my chopsticks and put them on the seaweed.


This way of wrapping things reminds me of kbbq with 은재.  Then, we wrapped everything in lettuce or leaves.  I think that I've noticed a pattern with Korean food.  A lot of Korean food is taking a mix of ingredients, wrapping them in a vegetable, then eating that.

Movember

There is a cute cafe behind my apartment with a dog out front who just sits there watching the passersby.

I never have gone into the cafe, because I don't know what exactly is in there.

Well, today, on my way to eat bibimbap, I walked past this cafe and saw a picture of their menu.  It is dessert and coffee, which is one of my favorite combinations.  I decided to eat there today near dinner.



I really like the environment, but the dessert and coffee is what I was going for.



Oh, fancy!  Would you believe me if I told you that this was only 15,000원 ($11 USD)?  It's so pretty, right?

How was the taste?  The coffee was really good, and I liked that.  The nuts on the brownie were also good, and I may try that slicing and browning technique for my homemade meals.  The brownie and icecream were just average.

My quest to find my favorite coffee and dessert cafe continues, but the next location may have to wait until my next trip to Korea next Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment