Thursday, August 18, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 18

Good night Gangnam! -- Oh, did I forget to say "good morning" this morning?

Today was mostly sunny and a comfortable temperature; however, I did not go outside to enjoy it.  Instead, I was inside resting.  I really did a number on my body yesterday and the day before, and it needed a break.

Today's Experiences

Today may have been an easy day, but there were still learning experiences and a couple of small adventures.  I learned about massage therapists in Korea, I made a reservation at a restaurant, and I ate at a restaurant that I visited last week.

Massage Therapists

Visiting Dragon Hill Spa was on my list of goals.  It, like most of my activities, was inspired by EXID.  Sadly, it closed down near the start of the pandemic and has not opened its doors again.

After pushing myself so hard for the past couple of days, I decided that today would be the perfect day to find an alternative to Dragon Hill Spa and get a massage.

I have now learned more about sex and prostitution in South Korea.

Prostitution is illegal in South Korea, but police turn a blind eye.  There are services that range from laying on a hot girl's lap for an hour to something much more involved.  Most of the "massage" businesses scattered around the city are somewhere in the middle.

The experience sounds fun, but I don't want to risk getting an STD.  Although many of the businesses are reputed to be clean, I imagine that the number of customers in a day still makes them too risky.  Also, I have a tattoo that everyone in South Korea will recognize, so I have an image to protect as well.

I spent a few hours trying to find a legitimate massage business, but I eventually gave up.  I do know that the (now closed) Dragon Hill Spa is what I wanted, but I don't know enough about South Korea to find a legitimate alternative.  I will just have to not get a massage this trip, sadly.

n.Grill Reservation

On my list of places to visit is the restaurant at the top of Namsan Tower:  n.Grill.  In Korean movies and shows, I have seen rich people introduced by showing them eating at this restaurant.  If you eat here, you are one of the rich elite.  I want to do it!

The restaurant n.Grill is at the top of the tower and seems to cater to romantic couples and fancy business meetings.  It is not a restaurant to enjoy alone.  I decided that I could not enjoy it alone, so I asked a friend that I really liked hanging out with if she would join me.  She could not join me due to a scheduling conflict, and I decided not to go either.

Today, after overcoming the temptation of getting a not-so-legitimate massage, I decided that I don't really need company to enjoy myself.  I would go to n.Grill and enjoy that food and that view!  Alone!

I called n.Grill and made a reservation for one person on Sunday at 5pm.

New Order Club

I visited New Order Club last week and had their half-and-half, potato and pepperoni pizza.  It was inspired by Hyelin <here>.  I swear, her food suggestions are the absolute best!  Today, I got the meat lovers and pepperoni half-and-half instead.

I had 3 glasses of beer and 7/8 of a pizza (just so I'm not that guy who eats a whole pizza).  I'm surprised that I'm actually losing weight on this trip.

It was really good, but Hyelin's suggestion of potato and pepperoni was better.  She really is a better foodie.

Of course, after being stuffed and full, I did not want to take a 45-minute metro home.  Who cares if it's only a couple of dollars?  I want a comfy Lexus to drive me home.

And with that, I say, "goodnight, beautiful Seoul!"




1 comment: