Sunday, August 7, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 8

Hello Gangnam!  It is almost noon, but the sun is still asleep, covered up by the thick clouds.



Today's Activities

I think that today is a good day to take a break.  My body is worn out from my constant adventuring.  A day of rest and physical healing will be good for me.

  • Eat at A Twosome Place
  • Write needed articles for LEGGO News
  • Eat pizza and fries at 뉴오더클럽 (inspiration)

Today's Experiences

It looks like it will be a relaxing rainy day.  I'll get a little wet, but I have an umbrella.  I'm sure it won't get too bad.  I'm wrong about that, but for now the rain is not too bad.

Eat at A Twosome Place

I have seen "A Twosome Place" stores on almost every block.  They are almost as common as the 7-11's.  I decided that I must eat there while I'm in South Korea.

I really wanted one of the delicious desserts on display and a coffee, but I couldn't figure out how to order one of the desserts, so I settled for a sausage sandwich and a cappuccino.

I'm not sure why napkins are so rare here, but it has made me more inclined to not use my hands to eat things.  I tried to eat the sandwich with a knife and fork.  I got halfway done in this way, but then my fork slipped and knocked the food onto my clean white shirt.

I have washed the shirt three times already, and the stain is still there.  I think that I will just wear it and hope that nobody notices or cares.

Write Article for LEGGO News

Even though I am going on adventures, I must still find time to maintain my fan website.  We needed an article written about our recent birthday support project with other fans.

To celebrate Hyelin's birthday, fans donated and volunteered at a daycare.  It was very special.  Check out our article at <https://leggonews.com/?p=48693>.

Eating at New Order Club

Hyelin suggested 뉴오더클럽 (New Order Club) on her food Instagram account.  I had to go eat the potato pizza and the pepperoni pizza just like she ate.  I got it half and half.



The food tasted great!  I wonder if I'll have a favorite EXID member by the end of this trip just because of the food suggestions.  Sadly, the portions were for two or more, and I could not finish the food.

The Flood

On the way back home on the metro, my friend messaged me that there is a flood near where I live and several stations are flooded.  Soon after I received that message, everyone was evacuated from the train.  Gangnam was experiencing its biggest rain in history tonight.

There was massive flooding around where I was staying, because Gangnam was built in flood plains.  My hotel was on a hill, but getting there would be a challenge.

My friends tried to book me a hotel for the night where I was, but there were no vacancies.  Ultimately, it was decided that I could travel home as long as I was careful.  The flooding was starting to let up.

Taxis were not available, busses were shut down or I couldn't find one, and the metro was closed.  I was only a few miles away, and I'm young and in good shape, so I walked!  It was a very pretty view, but I felt bad for the people whose cars were ruined by the floods.



All the way home, my friends kept me updated and gave me directions.  I finally got home at 2:30am, got cleaned up, then went to sleep.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That’s impressive that you walked all the way to your hotel in a flood! I’m so glad you were ok.

    ReplyDelete