Saturday, August 13, 2022

South Korea Trip, August 14

Hello Gagnam!  It is partly cloudy right now at noon, but some rain is expected later.  The temperature will reach 31°C (87°F) today.

Today's Agenda

I have been awake since 8am, but I am very slow to get started today.  It is almost noon as I am writing this.  Last night's excitement must have worn me out, or am I just busy reminiscing about everything that happened?  Regardless, I must make today count as well.

  • Get something at Smoothie King.  (inspiration)
  • Explore downtown Seoul, especially near palaces.
  • Eat seafood omelet at 인사동. (inspiration)

Today is a holiday weekend, so I should see many interesting things when I explore downtown.  August 15, tomorrow, is National Liberation Day of Korea.

Today's Experiences

I had a late start today, but I still had time to explore a lot of the city.  It was nice weather for walking around the streets and alleyways of Seoul.  Exploring was the main part of my day, but I did visit specific places before and after walking aimlessly around.

Smoothie King

Around noon today, I visited Smoothie King and ordered a strawberry smoothie.

This smoothie was inspired.  In fact, the specific location was inspired.


Last night, I was watching EXID's livestream with my friends.  Jeonghwa told a story involving the Smoothie King in Gangnam.

When Jeonghwa was still in high school, Hani and ELLY left her alone while they went to watch a movie.  Jeonghwa was scared, so she locked the door before going to bed.  When Hani and ELLY returned home, they couldn't get in, and Jeonghwa wasn't answering her phone.  Their phone batteries eventually died and they had to go sit at a spa to wait.

Hyelin was in the same boat as Hani and ELLY and got pissed off, so she banged on the door loudly until Jeonghwa woke up.  After being stuck outside for hours, of course Hyelin was mad!  "Get your shit together, all your unnies had to sacrifice because of your action!"

Jeonghwa couldn't take it anymore, so she woke up early the next morning, packed her bags, then ran away to Gangnam station.  She texted their manager later, "I'm not leaving Smoothie King at Gangnam Station!"

Jeonghwa's nickname is now Smoothie King Park, so I went to the Smoothie King in Gangnam and sent her the picture captioned "Inspired by Smoothie King Park! 💙"  She liked the picture, so I hope she got a laugh out of it!

Exploring Seoul

This is a holiday weekend, and I could have seen celebrations.  I wasn't sure where exactly I wanted to go to Seoul, so I decided to start by finding lunch at 인사동, a place recommended by 다인 (Da-In).  She reminded me that Hyelin took her dad to eat there during EXID Showtime.

I did find 인사동, an area of Seoul, but I did not find the restaurant that Hyelin and her dad ate at.  The area was fascinating, so I decided to just walk around aimlessly and look at things instead of eating.




Eventually, I started to get tired, so I decided to walk back home.  That idea only lasted for a few miles, but I did pass by some additional interesting sights during that walk.




If the last picture looks familiar, then you have been following my blog!  This is the stream that I walked down last week.  It looks like it is open today because of the drier weather.

잔비워 Chicken

I have a craving for a large Meat Lover's Pan Pizza from Pizza Hut, a 2-litter of Pepsi, and a six pack of beer.  I cannot find such unhealthy food as what I am craving, but I can revisit a good fried chicken restaurant that I visited last week.  The restaurant that I have in mind also has beer!

잔비워 Chicken is a beer and chicken restaurant that is not too far from where I live.  It is one of the many restaurants that Hyelin suggests.  I ate there last week but had terrible table manners.  Now I have learned more about Korean table manners.  Let's go!

My table manners lasted all of two chicken pieces, then I had to switch to American table manners.  I'm sorry!  I am just way too used to not caring if my fingers get grease on them!

Also, I did finish the entire pitcher of beer.  I tried to walk home afterwards, admired the pretty sidewalk, then decided it was time to call a taxi.  I really love the black taxis here!  I got home safely, and now I am ready to go to sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment