Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Update 7/24/2012

It's been a while. Between job hunting and playing Minecraft, I haven't been doing much else.  Later today, more job hunting.  Then, working on an app with a friend.

My ant farm program will be on hold.  I figured that, since I have nothing big going on in my life right now, I should design a game engine and use that for the ant farm.  It will take longer, but it will be cooler.

I downloaded Minecraft to try to get a better idea of how it works.  I figured it out, but that game is way too addictive!  After playing the game in survival mode, I decided to try creative and make a few cool things.

I designed a canon that is much more precise than the other canons out there.  Basically, the TNT tube should be vertical instead of horizontal.  This will take away the fact that, in a horizontal-tubed canon, the amount of explosive influences the angle.  The problem with my design, though, is that the canon requires more material and work.  However, if you set the angle to 23 degrees, it will always shoot at 23 degrees.

I am working on transportation right now.

I took a "teleportation" idea that I saw on YouTube (I think it's actually just an immeasurably fast velocity), and I tried to make it a little better.  Sadly, my computer gets about 0.5 frames per second when it is running.  Also, the lava it uses to fix the frame rate after it turns off burned the coolant system container.  I don't have the computing power to experiment with it further, and it is not a viable method of transportation due to the stress it causes on the CPU.

Then I started thinking about rail and waterway travel.  I have concluded that the best mode of transportation is rail.  Water can be faster in one situation, but that situation will be rarely encountered, and boats break too easily.

I wonder if it would be best to make a train station that uses the Nether for its rail system.  This would multiply the speed by a factor of 8!  Syncing the location in the Nether with a location in the normal world would be a little tricky, though.  Also, I don't think you can run a rail through a Nether portal.  The entire system would need to be in the Nether.

Well, my clothes are washed.  I will be going job hunting until noon.  Then, I must get to work on an App that a friend and I are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment