Monday, May 28, 2012

Cool Tools You'll Love Using Coming Soon

I am currently working on some pretty awesome online tools for aiding in development.  I have a few little programs I use to help myself, and I have been using a combination of other people's online applets for certain tasks.  I want all of this stuff together in one place!  Oh, and why not add a few features while I'm at it?

What is the length of a string?  Can this XML or JavaScript be beautified?  Yea?  Well, what about syntax highlighting, too?  Nothing yet?  Okay, now what if I want to format my C++ code to post on my blog, syntax highlighted with line numbers and everything?  These and a few other nifty little tools are being created.

I spent most of today pulling my hair out trying to get character encodings right, but now that's fixed, everything should go much more smoothly.  Here is a screenshot of one of the several upcoming new features of my website:


I look forward to finishing these and seeing them used from my stalker spot on the other side of the browser page (hehe).  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.  I don't want to reinvent the wheel (unless it's something simple), but I don't mind taking the time to make something useful.  I hope y'all will enjoy the tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment